Board Meeting, April 20th, 2007

Board members present

  • Bdale Garbee (bdale) (President)
  • Michael Schultheiss (schultmc) (Vice President)
  • Neil McGovern (Maulkin) (Secretary)
  • Jimmy Kaplowitz (Hydroxide)
  • David Graham (cdlu)
  • Branden Robinson (Overfiend)

Board members partially present

  • None

Board members absent with regrets

  • Martin Schulze (Joey)
  • Josh Berkus (jberkus) (Treasurer)
  • Ian Jackson (IanJackson)

Board members absent

  • None

Board advisors present

  • Sam Hocevar (sam) - Debian

Registered guests present

  • Jonathan McDowell (Noodles)
  • Joshua Drake (linuxpoet)
  • Chris Travers (metatrontech)
  • Joerg Jaspert (Ganneff)
  • MJ Ray (slef)
  • Bill Allombert (yp17)
  • Louis Suarez-Potts (louis_to)

These are the draft minutes for the April 20th, 2007 SPI Board meeting, held at 19:00 UTC in #spi on irc.spi-inc.org. LOG

President's Report

Bdale reported that he is now a non-voting observer of the OSI board.

Treasurer's Report

None received

Secretary's Report

All mail to secretary@spi-inc.org have been resolutions visible on public spi
mailing lists.

Debian has elected a new DPL: Sam Hocevar who takes over from Anthony Towns as
advisor to the board

Spanish Trademark Report

Neil McGovern has not yet received a reply to his offer to fly to Madrid, and
will mail Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña and Javier de la Cueva to ask if
reimbursements for expenses would help move this matter forward.

Outstanding Minutes

Current status: March 16th 2007 minutes have been raised for approval of the board.

Motion to accept the March 16th minutes, moved by David Graham, seconded by Jimmy Kaplowitz.

Bdale Garbee:Abstain
Michael Schultheiss:Yes
Neil McGovern:Yes
Jimmy Kaplowitz:Yes
David Graham:Yes
Branden Robinson:Abstain

Motion passes with a vote of Yes: 4, No: 0, Abstain: 2.

Items up for discussion

Debian Logo License

A request has been made to re-licence and change the position on how SPI pursues the Debian Logos.

Neil McGovern, Branden Robinson and Jimmy Kaplowitz are to liaise with Sam Hocevar to bring this item to a closure at the next board meeting.

Opensource.org discussion summary

Neil McGovern noted that most board members had not responded to acknowledge the accuracy of the Opensource.org discussion summary. He will email board members who have not responded directly.

Adjournment

The meeting was adjourned until Friday, May 18, 2007 at 19:00 UTC.

Appendix A: Current Board Membership

Date electedNameRole
[2004-07-29]Bdale GarbeePresident
[2006-07-31]Michael SchultheissVice President
[2006-07-31]Neil McGovernSecretary
[2006-07-31]Josh BerkusTreasurer
[2004-07-29]Branden Robinson
[2004-02-20]Jimmy Kaplowitz
[2003-11-29]David Graham
[2003-11-29]Ian Jackson
[2003-11-29]Martin "Joey" Schulze